May 27, 2016
Bob Hoye & Listeners' Q&A
Please Listen Here:
- The latest Listener's Q&A segment includes a bevy of eclectic individuals, including, Mark from northern Idaho.
- Mark is unnerved by his tax bill to Uncle Sam after selling stocks and is curious if he’ll face similar issues with his gold investments.
- The host suggests buying and holding bullion as the ideal portfolio anchor to secure wealth from drifting out to sea.
- Tax implications on PMs insurance are minimal when compared to monthly premiums on auto or home insurance; tax issues are less relevant.
- A very enthusiastic Goldseek Radio listener applauds the show for having the guest, The Forecaster, Martin Armstrong on the show.
- Long time listener and regular caller, George is increasingly concerned by Keynesian and Monetarist policies.
- The host finds parallels with current policymakers and the myth of King Canute, who was purportedly confounded by his own hubris.
- Economic policymakers cannot command the economic tides in the long-term, contrarily only when used for emergencies as first proposed.
- The economic emergency unfolding in Venezuela may represent an ideal petri dish for the US; a loaf of bread is nearly 10 times higher than a year ago.
- John from San Diego says that the retirement accounts of baby boomers were crushed twice by the stock bubbles and busts of 2000 and 2008.
- Baby boomers turned to the relative safety of the bond market, another bubble.
- The host poses the rhetorical question: Where will the bond and stock bubble funds eventually migrate? Gold, silver and PMs shares.
- Head of the Trends Research Institute, Gerald Celente outlines the bullish case for gold - the yellow metal is up 15%+ in 2016.
- According to the Trends Research Institute, gold is destined to cross $1,400 on the way to $2,000 an ounce.
- In the US, crushing debt and meager annual incomes of approximately $30,000 make buying a home and rearing a family unaffordable luxuries for the masses.
- Modern financial markets are plagued by numerous unprecedented economic developments.
- Never in American history have families faced a more bleak standard of living than prior generations;
- Negative interest rates is a recent contrivance;
- Global monetary debasement occurs on an epic scale;
- Over a quadrillion dollars in derivatives exist, worldwide;
- Money center banks hold more than a quarter quadrillion in interest rate sensitive, notional derivatives exposure.
- Top investors such as Carl Icahn and Duquesne Capital's hedge fund manager extrordinaire, Stanley Druckenmiller are increasing gold / silver exposure.
- The US housing market bubble could burst in even more spectacular fashion than in 2007, due to greater government intervention.
- In response, policymakers will implement simulative monetary policies, which will accelerate exponentially from QE3, to QE^2, QE^3, etc.. on to infinity.
- Chris welcomes Bob Hoye, senior investment strategist at Institutional Advisors who makes investing entertaining.
- His research indicates the 100 year fiat monetary experiment has failed, which could culminate in an epic economic earthquake
- The discussion includes a compelling forward indicator of gold price, the implied volatility (IV) of the gold etf (GLD) options.
- When the out-of-the-money IV (blue line) is higher then the, in-the-money IV (white line), a bull markets persists (Figure 1.1.).
- A new cyclical bull market could be unfolding in the precious metals sector.
Please listen here:
Dial-Up Real Audio
Highest Quality Download:
Right Click Above and "Save Target As..." to download. To learn more about software needed to play the above formats, please visit the FAQ.
NEW - Hotline - Q&A:
Guest BiographiesBob Hoye
With a degree in geophysics and a number of fascinating summers in mining exploration, one winter in "the bush" quickly led Bob into the financial markets. This included experience on the trading desk and in the research department of a large investment dealer, which led to institutional stock and bond sales.
Bob's review of financial history provided the forecasting models designed to anticipate significant trend reversals in the sometimes alarming volatility typical of the transition from rampant speculation in tangible assets to fabulous speculation in financial assets.
In anticipation of the latter opportunity, a monthly publication for financial institutions was started in January 1982.
This competently covered the stock market, the yield curve, credit spreads as well as metal and energy prices.
In 1998 the Institutional Advisors website was started as a forum for unique and reliable financial research.
Website: click here.
Trends Research Institute
The Martial Artist of Trend Forecasting —The purpose of trend forecasting is to provide insights and directions in anticipation of what the future may bring – and to be prepared for the unexpected. Gerald Celente, a Close Combat practitioner and black belt trainer, well understands the importance of proacting rather than reacting: "The first rule of Close Combat is to attack the attacker. Action is faster than reaction. The same holds true for the future. You know the future is coming … attack it before it attacks you."
Founder of The Trends Research Institute in 1980, Gerald Celente is a pioneer trend strategist. He is author of the national bestseller Trends 2000 and Trend Tracking (Warner Books) – "Far better than Megatrends," and publisher of the internationally circulated Trends Journal newsletter.
Political Atheist — Gerald Celente is a political atheist. Unencumbered by political dogma, rigid ideology or conventional wisdom, Celente, whose motto is "think for yourself," observes and analyzes the current events forming future trends for what they are – not for the way he wants them to be.
Like a doctor giving a diagnosis after gathering the facts, whether or not you like the prognosis doesn’t alter the outcome, make him an optimist or pessimist – it’s simply what is. And while Celente holds a US passport, he considers himself a citizen of the world.
Globalnomic® Trend Forecaster — Using his unique perspectives on current events forming future trends, Gerald Celente developed the Globalnomic® methodology which is used to identify, track, forecast and manage trends.
The world's only trends analyst covering 300 diversified trends fields, Gerald Celente and the Trends Research Institute provide trend research studies and consulting services to businesses and governments worldwide. Celente also designed the nation’s first professional course in trend forecasting.
The proof is in his past — Gerald Celente has earned his reputation as "The most trusted name in trends" by accurately forecasting hundreds of social, business, consumer, environmental, economic, political, entertainment, and technology trends. Among them:
Celente coined the term "clean foods" in 1993 and predicted sustained growth in organic products in 1988.
When gold was at $275 per ounce in 2002, Celente said the price had bottomed and in 2004 forecast the beginning of the "Gold Bull Run." Since that time, with pinpoint accuracy, he said when, why - and how high - gold would go. *youtube.com recording.
Website: please click here.