- Bob Hoye of Institutional Advisors rejoins the show with key gold / silver market insights.
- The gold / silver ratio (GS) offers investors a rare glimpse into future price movements.
- When the GS or metallic credit spread, climbs, financial markets tend to swoon - the latest reading suggests increased market volatility.
- Bob Hoye is most bullish on the PMs mining / exploration sector; by monitoring the earnings on the gold mining shares, investors can identify prospects with huge potential.
- The host and guest concur; the technical / sentiment indicators confirm solid underlying strength in US shares.
Friday, May 12, 2017
May 11, 2017
Bill Murphy and Bob Hoye
Posted by Chris Waltzek at 9:29 PM
Friday, May 05, 2017
May 5, 2017
Michael Eastham & Chris Martenson Ph.D.
- Michael Eastham, Founder and President of Fellowship Financial Group and author of Common-Sense Income Strategies, makes his debut on Goldseek.
- As investors approach the age of 50, their focus should shift away from capital performance to income maximization.
- Our guest guides clients away from market timing approaches in favor of solid, reliable income strategies.
- Investors under 50 typically can afford the luxury of higher risk investments, but as retirement approaches the odds of recouping ill-timed investments, dwindles.
- Developing a 4-7% dividend stream facilitates a comfortable retirement, bypassing the urge to gamble via risky shares.
- Readers are encouraged to download Michael Eastham's must read investing paper, The Red Zone of Retirement, in PDF format.
- The duo discuss methods to boost passive, dividend income in the precious metals sector.
- The guest / host concur, the Great Recession of 2008 never ended; policymakers merely delayed the inevitable day of economic reckoning.
- His sources indicate that Fed insiders are de facto manipulating the CME futures markets via colocation near the exchanges.
- Although the precious metals markets have corrected ahead of Fed rate hikes, liquidity actually expanded with approximately $5 billion directed to banks.
- The USD/JPN currency pair has an approximate 85% correlation with the gold price, offering speculators a potentially lucrative arbitrage opportunity.
- The precious metals markets may be on the cusp of exciting times amid record demand / supply conditions.
- Chris Martenson is equally encouraged by severe supply shortfalls in silver output, further evidence supporting the potential for explosive gains.
- Our guest presents compelling evidence of declining oil discoveries beginning in 2014, leading to shortages by 2018.
- Expect a rare opportunity to purchase high yielding energy royalty shares at relative discounts.
- The crude oil sector represents a potential value; OPEC nations continue to flood the market with every available source.
- Given the cost of $100-$125 per barrel through deep water drilling, the guest / host share an oil price target of $75-$100+.
- One key caveat: if the economic boom in China slows significantly, demand for crude could experience a temporary pause.
- Key takeaway: given the expected oil supply shortfall over the next three years, makes accumulating related shares, advisable.
Posted by Chris Waltzek at 8:51 PM
Friday, April 28, 2017
April 28, 2017
Gerald Celente & Michael Pento
- Michael Pento, President and Founder of Pento Portfolio Strategies makes his debut on Goldseek.com Radio.
- Fed policymakers are bluffing on rate hikes - their true intention is rate cuts, amid 350% national debt per GNP.
- "The Fed will never again be able to normalize interest rates (allow to climb significantly) without sending the economy into a tailspin."
- "The Fed has already tightened enough to send the economy (domestic) into a recession."
- Officials no longer have the luxury of low interest rates after holding rates low for 100 months (8+ years).
- According to the Atlanta Fed's numbers, the economy is approaching recessiony GDP - Michael Pento anticipates a recession in 2017.
- While the official US unemployment rate, the U3 suggests near full-employment, the more accurate / traditional metric, the U6 is ominous.
- The U6 indicates nearly 100 million Americans are underemployed.
- The next economic dominos to fall could be China the EU and Japan, with debt climbing four times the GDP rate in China.
- Equities investors are advised to take note - earnings are comparable to 2014 - little forward progress has occurred since then.
- Key takeaway point: gold investors are advised to watch for an inversion of the yield curve, indicating a major new trend is likely.
- The yield curve inverted ahead of the 2008 Great Recession and will likely come to pass before the next inevitable / economic cataclysm.
- Our guest anticipates the next recession will result in the sharpest decline in economic output since the Great Depression.
- Negative real interest rates will eventually accelerate the velocity of money, a hallmark of ruinous galloping inflation.
- Once the process gains momentum, policymakers will manage the debt by allowing the US dollar to decline against rival currencies.
- To compensate for the ensuing economic chaos, policymakers are preparing the global populace via legislation for Minimum Standard of Living payments.
- Our guest suggests increasing gold bullion exposure to 10-20% by late 2017.
- Head of the Trends Research Institute, Gerald Celente returns with comments on gold and US equities.
- Geopolitical events are escalating amid saber rattling with Syria and North Korea.
- Such events oftentimes result in market trends with key implications for global investors.
- Although the post-election rally in US shares is impressive, a reaction is necessary to sustain the upward momentum.
- With sluggish retail sales via the "Retail Apocalypse," Wall Street may continue to rally while Main Street stagnates.
- Global currency volatility is improving the appeal of alternatives, such as gold and Bitcoin.
- Once the yellow metal crosses $1,400, Gerald Celente anticipates a new bull rally will drive the precious metal above the former 2011 peak to $2,000.
- The Trends Journal compares cannabis legalization to 1933 and the end of prohibition.
- Canada recently decriminalized cannabis and many US states allow recreational / medicinal usage.
- Colorado is earning more tax revenue on a medicinal herb than on toxic potent potables.
- Gerald Celente and the host question why yet another tiny impoverished county is the target of the world's most potent military force.
Posted by Chris Waltzek at 7:09 PM
Friday, April 21, 2017
Chris Powell outlines the documented PMs market rigging / manipulation.
- Chris welcomes back Louis Navellier of Navellier & Associates. Louis Navellier discusses his top portfolio candidates.
- Favorite gold mining stock, Franco FNV, and a lithium mining firm are discussed.
- The host and guest agree on the merits of one key company, major chip maker, nVidia, NVDA, which produces GPU technology.
- Favorite energy stocks include Pioneer Natural Resources PXD and Devon Energy DVN.
- Expect technology shares to outperform in 2017 as new chip technology from Apple AAPL continues to push the sector higher.
- Optical switching companies such as Applied Optoelectronics AAOI and Oclaro OCLR are speeding up modems and could to facilitate 4k video streaming.
- Companies continue to repurchase their capital stock, reducing share float and by proxy increasing price.
- The only major threat to US shares could be the failure to pass the corporate tax reform plan.
- If the measures fail to pass Capital hill, the event threatens to derail the US stock market advance.
Posted by Chris Waltzek at 8:13 PM
Friday, April 14, 2017
April 14, 2017
Peter Schiff and Bill Murphy
- The head of SchiffGold, Euro Pacific Capital, and Euro Pacific Gold Fund (EPGFX), thinks the US Fed is preparing for the largest bailout in history.
- QE4 could send gold to $5,000+.
- A new US Housing bubble has arrived, a.k.a. the echo bubble, due to institutional speculation.
- But this time the subprime debt is also concentrated in delinquent auto / student loans putting $4 trillion at risk.
- US equities are also in bubble territory with the Dow higher only a few percent in 2017 compared with the spectacular 10%+ gains of the PMs.
- Financing the proposed fiscal stimulus plans could double the Federal spending deficit from $1 to $2 per year, eroding the purchasing power of the US dollar.
- Once the public realizes its been duped by overinflated housing / stock prices, the herd will panic and the next PMs stampede will begin in earnest.
- The Euro Pacific Gold Fund, EPGFX may represent a value opportunity for investors interested in the sector who wish to avoid individual share risk.
- At some point in the near future, institutions and deep pocket investors, central banks and sovereign funds could unintentionally corner the PMs shares / bullion.
- Unless investors heed his warning, Peter Schiff expects entire generations of retirees to be wiped out by the coming inflationary maelstrom.
- Takeaway point - a global gold standard is inevitable and merely a matter of time.
- Bill Murphy of GATA.org returns with upbeat commentary on the PMs sector.
- With silver higher by approx. 15% and gold over 10% already this year, the silver market appears to be winding up for an explosive move.
- For the technically savvy, a bullish head and shoulders pattern implies a possible run back to the $21+ peak of 2016.
- Once silver clears the first target, $26 is the next area of resistance to overcome.
- With US housing in an echo bubble, US stocks at lofty levels unseen since the year 2000 peak the PMs appear to present a solid valuation.
Posted by Chris Waltzek at 7:59 PM
Friday, April 07, 2017
April 7, 2017
Jeffrey Nichols & Harry S. Dent Jr.
Please Listen Here
- According to Harry S. Dent Jr., investors should ignore FOMC rate hikes and buy gold - slower job growth could cap US equities prices in 2017. The imminent
- Greek default slated for this July could be another stumbling block for the financial markets.
- Implementing the new tax cuts / health care plan proposed by the Administration could be challenging.
- The Echo Housing Bubble is tied to bubbles in US equities / bonds, all of which threaten to topple the global financial system.
- Harry S. Dent's economic model indicates a long-term economic downturn began in 2008 and continues to this day.
- The current economic uptick is merely a fata morgana. Outside the USA, the EU and China are facing their own bubble-troubles.
- Our guest expects gold and commodities to emerge as the strongest markets along with India during the impending crises.
- The rate hike appears to be a nonevent; the gold market ignored the FOMC - anticipated the rate hike.
- Traders continue to focus on real interest rates - the everyday, nominal rate adjusted for price inflation.
- The official inflation numbers may be bogus - our guest questions the validity of the figures noting that the CPI vastly understates the cost of living.
- The CPI fails to reflect the shift in consumer tastes away from luxury items in favor of cheaper consumer goods / smaller package sizes.
- Investors prefer the precious metals as a means to shield their investment portfolios from insidious inflation.
- The growing problem of underemployment continues to plague the nation.
- Tens of millions of American's have accepted employment / wages well below their skill / experience level.
- Jeffrey Nichols finds a bifurcated American economy, where a few thrive economically, while the majority struggle to make ends meet.
- The gold-bull market never ended; bullion and shares are poised for astronomical gains.
Posted by Chris Waltzek at 8:18 PM
Friday, March 31, 2017
March 31, 2017Featured GuestsMartin Armstrong ; David Morgan
Please Listen Here
- The guest / host agree that the PMs sector found a firm bottom in 2015 making the buy and hold method ideal for most investors.
- For more intrepid investors, David Morgan's proprietary gold / silver ratio analysis strongly suggests higher prices to come.
- The silver Commitments of Traders reports adds insights into market sentiment.
- Buying silver bullion in quantity for the long-term remains the ideal hedge.
- Cuisine for cogitation includes a new reagent that promises to revolutionize gold / silver processing, via an environmental friendly, cyanide-free method.
- Although central banks around the globe have lowered interest rates, taxation rates continue to climb.
- Officials in the US and the EU have called on Martin Armstrong during periods of economic chaos over the past 30 years.
- Our guest suggests they consult with actual traders who understand the market mechanics, not just economic theory.
- Armstrong advises gold investors to ignore the inflation / deflation debate; focus instead on the the yellow metal as a hedge against governments.
- He shares a witty quote by Milton Friedman: If you put economic policymakers in charge of the Sahara, there would be a shortage of sand in 3 years.
- Given central bankers control the currency system, the inevitable collapse is destined to propel the PMs skyward.
- A dollar rally will trigger the global reset - as rates increase, over $500 trillion in interest rate sensitive derivatives bets, CDOs, MDO, etc. will implode.
- US equities will continue to soar, with the Dow climbing to perhaps as high as 40,000 or more, along with the PMs.
- Our guest advises against purchasing government debt - the supposed risk-free rate is far more risky than blue-chip shares by comparison and rarely default.
Posted by Chris Waltzek at 8:17 PM