Feb. 24, 2017Featured GuestsBob Hoye and Andy Schectman
- Top money manager, John Ing recently presented to China his forecast for $2,200 an ounce. Our guest is bullish on gold, in the LT.
- Bob Hoye notes that during every previous post bubble contraction, the real price of gold has ascended, making the PMs a solid portfolio asset, today.
- Although the Greenback remains relatively strong, eventually the senior currency will be overcome by an inflationary economic maelstrom.
- The concept of sentient robots / computers has lingered for over 100 years - from Asimov, Frank Herbert and Arthur C. Clarke to Philip K. Dick.
- The concept of intelligent machines has enthralled readers and moviegoers alike.
- TV shows such as Person of Interest as well as the UK drama, Humans 2.0 put a modern spin on the issue.
- IBM's Deep Mind A.I, Alpha-Go defeated the world's Go Grandmaster, an event not expected for at least 10 years.
- At the core of Deep Mind is a general purpose expert system; basically the program runs simulations.
- Takeaway point: by allowing the A.I. to learn like a child via trial and error the general purpose A.I. is applicable to any situation.
- General purpose A.I. appears to be on the cusp of crossing the threshold (note: purely speculative) into the realm of sentient A.I.s.
- It is conceivable that just such a new life-form may be already live in the Deep Net, saving Bitcoins and establishing a virtual safe world for its digital progeny.
- Andy Schectman of Miles Franklin Institute ($6 billion in sales) outlines why every investor should diversify their PMs holdings via an offshore account.
- In 1933, President Roosevelt announced an executive order designed to confiscate gold that included at $10,000 fine.
- The gold / silver ETFs are a modern equivalent to the executive order, indirectly confiscating the capital that would otherwise be directed to physical PMs.
- The ideal alternative involves PMs ownership outside the USA via Brinks-Canada, a trusted / respected name in secure storage.
- Miles Franklin negotiated a one-of-a-kind, fixed rate structure with 100% separate accounts as an added layer of safety.
- Key point: Miles Franklin holds all client PMs and or cash in a large Brinks security box, which makes it fully insured and non-reportable to authorities.
- The next Big Thing, appears to be The Internet of Things (IoT), an emerging technology that facilitates communications among virtually all devices.
- IoT is poised to eclipse the growth of mobile phones, computers, laptops and the internet - a related ETF SNSR could capture much of the potential.
Chris Waltzek Ph.D.About ChrisContact Host
Right click above & "Save Target As..." to download. To learn more about software needed to play the above formats, please visit the FAQ.